Sunday, August 21, 2005

what the follicle...

let us begin...

yackety smackety, blah, blah, blah...

but seriously, 11 years ago i decided to let my hair lock. it has been an interesting journey. i have experienced various forms of discrimination during the past decade because of my appearance. i've had people stare at me, make highly incorrect assumptions about my personal hygiene, make inappropriate physical contact and assume that i am Jamaican/West Indian. the dorkism is abundant.

i'd say of the worst infractions my former immediate family members would have to be the worst of all. let's call my pops Ted for the sake of protecting his stupidity. now Ted takes it upon his hairless self to tell his older jheri curled and balding cousin "hey, come and look at PoCrizzle."

imagine that. as if i was on display at the zoo. incidents such as this have caused me to question the source of my intellect. perhaps it passed a generation on moms and pops side. that's a whole other post though. back to the locks.

why would anyone think that it is okay to just come up and touch my hair? seems like an obvious no no, but it has happened way too many times over the years. i don't know what you've been doing with your hands and fingers. besides if went around touching things because i thought they looked nice or because i was curious about how they felt, i'd probably be locked up with a swollen face. imagine if i just walked around touching every booty i see because i want to see what it feels like. people do crazy things. and believe me asking doesn't make it any better. again, how would i sound if walked up to some woman and said "your ass is really nice. can i palm it and see what it feels like?"

it ain't happenin'...

make like three strikes...

PEACE

No comments: