Thursday, June 01, 2006

glad am i that i know my way around a pc...

not to gloat or anything, but i just saved myself from PC disasterville yet again. some might say "if you had a Mac you wouldn't even be dealing with that kind of problem." they'd probably be wrong. i don't do normal things w/my computer(s). i do crazy shit like change the permission/security settings so that even i can't access my computer. [DOH!] why did i do such a thing? just fucking around with the settings. the great thing about knowing how to build and repair a PC is being able to put my hands in/on it. you gotta tweak shit sometimes. sometimes tweaks 'cause problems. it's cool. i'll admit i was a little stressed when i re-installed the OS and i was not able to get at either one of my data drives. i have a bad habit of not doing backups. considering how often i futz w/the settings, you would think i would make backups a regular part of my activities with the computer(s). anyway, i got into safe mode was able to readjust the settings to access my drives. [YAAAY!] this is what i call fun with computers.

aight then, gotta go eat some vittleans...

make like my computer after i denied access to the administrator account...

PEACE

No comments: