Monday, August 07, 2006

there is hope yet...

well, i got a fluke call off of my resume from Monster.com. perhaps i shouldn't call it a fluke, but i usually don't get tons of action off of my resumes that i post on the web. this is only the 2nd time since 1998 that i've gotten a legitimate offer from a web resume. i've got at least 3 on the web at 3 different sites, but i don't scan through too much email as a result of having them posted...

anyways, it'd be nice to get back to the world of the employed so that i can continue to pursue my career goal of establishing my own business. seems odd to need to be employed to do such a thing, but i've got to have income to invest in my ideas. i'm not too keen on borrowing money from anyone, least of all a financial institution. i currently owe the feds about $30,000 +interest for the last 2.5 years worth of college at good ol' Temple University.

speaking of TU, i still can't get any gear to fit me that shows any type of school pride. i get a call from Russell Athletic the other day telling me to contact a rep from their big & tall line. i get all hyped like i'm finally going to get some TU gear and the guy tells me "Temple is not a popular school." as a result of Temple's lack of notoriety, i cannot purchase anything from Russell that is larger than a 2X. well, that's utterly useless info for me. i need somebody to explain why i can't get a football jersey, a basketball jersey, a pair of basketball shorts, or even a goddamn field hockey jersey. all i want is some Temple gear. i guess this is what i get for not being a Temple athlete.

people think it's so wonderful being tall. if you're not independently wealthy or some kind of athlete, it's a regular pain in the ass. about the only thing my height provides is the ability to see on top of refrigerators and to mildly to severely intimidate shorter people who tend to adhere to stereotypical views on larger people. otherwise, i'm just a tall dude who can't dry his drawers 'cause they shrink in the dryer...

on that note, i'm all plamed out like sallawumped kefiddledonk...

make like i hate food and my fridge is full...

PEACE

No comments: