Wednesday, September 27, 2006

well now...the M.I.A. post

been missing for a few days, as if anyone noticed. anyways, as i write this i'm listening to some select hits from the album releases of one of my fave, if not all time fave funk bands: Funkadelic. goddamn. it's hard for me to love this shit and have grown up listening to it and then try to listen to shit that comes on the radio today. it could be purely nostalgia, but most music i hear today does not move me like this at all. the worst part to me is these cats were often high as shit and made some of the most emotionally appealing music i've heard so far in my life. i'm not one to ascribe to the idea of gettin' on to be more creative, but i guess it worked for these cats.

all i have to say is Maggot Brain.

make like T.O. actually had an allergic reaction...

PEACE

No comments: