Monday, May 05, 2008

giving credit where delinquency, bankruptcy, foreclosure, & judgements are not options

never let it be said that my grand old moms did not teach me anything valuable or useful. she was a carazy young bat, but she did manage to get some honest tutelage in there w/all the carazy shit. i have to respect that shit. she taught me the value of treating women like the have some goddamned sense. she taught me how to cook for myself when you cannot find a woman who has some goddamned sense to cook for you. i learned to read, and taught myself how to write in cursive early, because of the emphasis that was placed on intellectual exploration. she was a teacher by trade, so that isn’t too far fetched i guess.

anyway, she taught me to appreciate true creative expression, even though she did a great deal to stifle my shit. i have been blessed by the universe with certain creative energies that i would likely have ignored had i followed what society (read peers/academic advisors) suggested i do w/my life. moms taught me some very important life lessons in some unnecessarily roundabout ways. guess she did it the best way she could w/the fucked up socio-psychological resources she had available. didn’t give me much to work with for personal growth & development, but i seem to have managed eventually.

contrary to what my nut ass younger sibling believes, i have never and never will hate our maternal life contributor. she was actually lovable in ways that many other parents i’ve observed cannot be in life. unfortunately, the darkness in her life was a challenge that she faced, embraced, and lost. she never quite got a grip or understood the necessity of balance. she was definitely financially lop-sided. moms should have never died in debt ‘n’shit…that’s not cool. she worked damn near her whole life & died w/naught to show for it. that’s not to say it’s about accumulating material. the point is, she was not at all emotionally or relationship rich either. sadly, younger sibling does not realize any of this & is continuing down a similar unnecessarily dark path…

oh well, what the fuck can a brother (literally) do…foogazy.

make like Obama didn’t get his speak on doing Meet The Press this week…

PEACE
...be calm...

No comments: